Saturday, November 9, 2013

My First Lippmann

So, I had some PayPal saved up from some diaper bags and teething necklaces I sold recently, so I thought I'd treat myself to a Deborah Lippmann polish I've been lemming since I saw it a couple months ago.

Meet Glitter and Be Gay.


This magnificent glitter is from her Fall 2013 Jewel Heist collection.  It's a mixture of small and medium holographic glitters in gold and purple, that are just spectacular, both in sunlight and out.  

The formula was kinda crazy for me, but that's to be expected from a chunky glitter.  Usually to get a glitter gradient I do multiple cascading layers of polish on top of one another, but with this one I had to put a drop of polish onto the base of the nail and kind of spread it around, dabbing the glitters from the brush where I wanted them to be more sparse.  The accent nail is two brushed coats.

The purple is Sinful Shine Go Glossy.  I was pretty disappointed in the formula of this one.  The Sinful Shine line hadn't disappointed me until this -- usually coverage is great, needing only two coats.  I don't know if they tried to go for a jelly with this one, but the color is definitely a creme.  This is three coats here and if I squinted I could still see some uneven patches.  It was very watery and hard to control.  I have a similar color from LA Colors that I was going to get rid of once I got Go Glossy, but I'm glad I held onto it, as I'll probably reach for it again over the Sinful when I'm in the mood for a berry.

The base on the accent is Wet n Wild Fergie Collection's Gold Album.  What a fantastic gold!  I can't wait to pair it with black, maybe in a half-moon mani for the holidays.  Perfect, brush-stroke free coverage in two coats.  Super shiny shimmery!

No comments:

Post a Comment